Thursday 20 March 2014

bellabox Unboxing: March 2014

Another month, another bellabox. I was extremely happy coming home from a long day at uni to find this package waiting at my door step. The theme for this month's box was 'Beauty Diaries' which is a concept I find kinda cool- there's nothing I love more than snooping around to find out what products other people are loving.


Something I have to point out which you may have noticed is that bellabox have definitely upped their game packaging wise. The box itself is now a beautiful, sturdy one that comes with a lid and is their signature blue colour. It was lovely to rip open the brown post box to find this inside, and I think it's definitely prettier- especially if you want to reuse your boxes for storage after going through all your goodies.

I seem to have gotten a very shower oriented box this month, which isn't necessarily something I'm complaining about because who can argue about coming out of the shower smelling like sunshine. Without jinxing myself, I can say that luckily enough, my run of relatively good bellaboxes has continued this month- so here's what I got!



1. ModelCo Party Proof Cream Lipstick in Pinking of You ($16.95)- I think this is the first item I've been disappointed about receiving, and usually I get extremely excited about trying new lippies. The packaging to me looks and feels quite cheap. Granted, it's not an extremely expensive product, but I was expecting something a little more sturdy. This shade is also never one I would have picked out for myself, it's a light, blue toned pink which I'm not convinced about on my skin tone. The formula itself feels nice and creamy, but I'll probably be finding this particular colour a new home.



2. WOW by Romy Bath Gel in Mandarin and Lime (limited edition)- I'm assuming the limited edition tag implies that this is an item exclusive to this month's box, but this gel smells absolutely amazing. In the bottle, there's more of the mandarin scent, but when used, I get more of the lime notes. This scent is right up my alley, so I'm looking forward to bath time!

3. Pantene Aqua Light duo ($7.99/350ml)- I've tried this particular formula before and I really enjoyed it. Now that I've got short hair, using products that don't weigh it down is paramount and this does the job great. I'll probably be saving these cute minis for travel.

4. Dermalogica Clear Start Breaking Clearing Foaming Wash ($23.50/177ml)- I'm all for trying new products if they'll help keep my skin nice and clear. Once I finish up my morning cleanser, I'll be giving this wash a fair go. I've heard a lot of good things about Dermalogica, so hopefully this works out!

5. WotNot Facial Wipes in Green ($7.95/25 pack)- I haven't actually used the last pack of WotNot wipes I got, but these went straight into my uni bag. I like that these are specifically aimed at oily and sensitive skin, so I'm hoping it's going to work for me.

6. Thierry Mugler Angel ($55/25ml) & Alien ($50/30ml)- This was my first time receiving perfume in a bellabox, and I've been meaning to try out Thierry Mugler perfumes for a while. I'm terrible at describing scents to be perfectly honest, but both of these are definitely ones I would have picked out for myself. The box also came with a special offer for purchasing these at Myer and David Jones which was nice and something I'll have to remember to look into!

Total box value: ~$28.60


If you guys are subscribed to bellabox, let me know what you thought of your March box down below!

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!