Friday 31 January 2014

Beauty Favourites: January 2014

When it comes to the makeup I use, I am definitely a creature of habit. I'm all for neutral eyes paired with bright cheeks and a statement lip- and I didn't realise how much I stuck to this pattern until I pulled out my most used products of the month to photograph for this post.


I've tried to include purchasing information and links where possible in case something happens to catch your fancy. So all of that aside, here are the products that have been hanging out in my makeup bag all month long.


NARS Eyeshadow Duo in Isolde- I first fell in love with this duo when I saw Zoella talking about it in one of her videos. The duo includes a frosted ginger shade, and a rich, shimmering copper. The photograph doesn't quite do the colours justice, they look much more vibrant in person. I love wearing these shades as a wash of colour all over my lid on lazy days. They also look stunning when used to create a bronze smokey eye for a little more drama. The awesome texture and pigmentation of this duo makes it super easy to work with, which is why I reach for it so often.
     Purchase info: $42.95 from Cosmetics Now; $55 from Mecca

NARS Blush in Exhibit A- I know this looks super scary in the pan, but it's a gorgeous shade. I feel like a variety of skin tones could pull it off, as long as you're applying it with a light hand. It's definitely a red that leans more towards the orange side of the spectrum. I love it for adding warmth and colour back into my face.
     Purchase info: $37.95 from Cosmetics Now; $45 from Mecca 

bareMinerals Ready Eyeshadow 2.0 in The Top Shelf- I love this duo for when I want to wear something super subtle on my eyes just to look put together. It contains the shades Cognac (light bronze) and Mixologist (champagne), which I tend to wear together anyway. I love using the bronze tone all over the lid and the champagne in the inner corner and under the brow bone. This is also one I love to throw into my makeup bag when I'm on the go because of its versatility.
     Purchase info: $27.95 from Mecca and Kit 

Benefit They're Real!- mascara is one of the things I tend to be super picky about. It's hard for me to find a formula that will hold a curl and doesn't smudge on me throughout the day. I love this formula because it does both. I get the length and volume I'm after, and I really don't think I've got anything bad to say. Highly recommend if you haven't already given it a go.
     Purchase info: $38 from Myer 

Bite Beauty High Pigment Pencils in Bramble (top) & Zinfandel- these pencils are probably my favourite lip product ever. Ever. I can apply one of these babies at 6:30 in the morning and still have colour on my lips at the end of a busy day at university. The formula is amazingly opaque and the pencils glide on without tugging on your lips. I'm completely smitten. I will be doing a full review with swatches of all the pencils I own very soon, so look out for that if you want an in depth run down!
     Purchase info: $36.95 from The Iconic

MAC Lipstick in Rebel- I adore this shade. It's a berry tone which leans a little more purple, and the colour coverage it gives is mostly opaque. That being said, if you're a little afraid of the colour, it also lends itself to being sheered out. Lately, I've been loving wearing this lipstick over the Bite Beauty pencil in Bramble that I mentioned earlier. The combination makes for a more vampy-esque lip look. It looks stunning on its own, though.
     Purchase info: $36 from MAC Cosmetics


And that's a wrap for my January beauty favourites. Now that I've shared mine, I'd love to hear what yours were- make sure you leave a comment and let me know what products have been taking pride of place in your makeup bag this month!

1 comment:

  1. Ooooh I want Exhibit A so bad! Its been on my wishlist for like everrr but it never makes it into my shopping cart :( Great post btw, I checked out around your blog and we're pretty similar! I only started my blog a few months back as well in Feburuary :) I followed you on Bloglovin' so I can keep up!
    XO- Jen

    ReplyDelete