Tuesday 4 February 2014

Swatch & Review: A England

I'm not quite sure whether I'd still classify A England as an indie polish brand, because it seems to have gained quite a following since I started lusting over their polishes. A England was created by Adina Bodana and is based in the United Kingdom. The company produces absolutely breath taking shades of polish, which I've never seen anything like. They have a very whimsical feel to me, particularly with the basis of their collections- Ballerina, Burne-Jones Dreams and Gothic Beauties just to name a few. I'm absolutely in love, and obviously, I just had to share my obsession with you.


As always, I will include purchasing options for the company at the end of the post in case there's something that catches your eye. I will just note now that each bottle of polish contains 11mL (0.39 fl oz). A England is cruelty free and three free. Get ready to get swatch happy!

And The Moonbeams... is a golden shimmery base with glassy gold flecks and tiny glitter pieces. It's quite a bit sheerer than the others, and I tend to layer it over another polish. The photo shows three coats.

Beauty Never Fails is a blackened olive base with super fine shimmer ranging in colour from deep green to gold.



Fated Prince is a charcoal grey with a subtle holographic effect. It's not very obvious in natural light, so I took a second photo with flash. The formula on this one was on the thinner side, but still very easy to apply.

Lady of Shalott is a deep blue-purple with subtle bright blue and purple shimmer. The shimmer isn't obnoxious, and it's hardly visible in person when it's on the nails. The consistency was a tad thick, but didn't cause any major issues.

She Walks in Beauty has a clear base with super fine, pale gold shimmer. It has both small and large hexagonal rose toned glitter.

Tess D'urbervilles is a blackened emerald green with fine, lighter toned green shimmer throughout.

The formula on all these polishes was very easy to work with. I didn't have any issues with pulling or pooling at the edge of the nails. With the exception of And the Moonbeams..., I managed to get a good opacity with two coats of polish. Drying time was decent to good across the board. I've gotten a solid four to five days of wear with only minor tip wear when using a top coat with these.

Purchasing info: $13.50 AUD from Femme Fatale; $10.00 USD from Llarowe and Ninja Polish; £9.00 from a-england (UK only)

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!