Friday 24 January 2014

bellabox Unboxing: January 2014

Since subscription boxes seem to be all the rage at the moment, I'm not sorry to say I jumped on the bandwagon. Bellabox delivers "sample deluxe beauty and lifestyle products each month." The subscription costs $15/month, or you can subscribe for a year and get one month free.
The theme for this month's box appears to be 'New year, small changes.' This is my second bellabox, and so far, I'm very happy with the products I've received- so I thought I'd share them with you.


1. Scandalous Rock Chick Wave Spray ($17.95/150ml)- I'm obsessed with texturizing sprays now that I've got shorter hair. I love my spray by John Frieda, so I'm definitely interested to see how this one compares.


2. Avene Soothing Moisture Mask ($41.95/50ml)- this isn't something I would have picked out myself as my skin is not really dry or dehydrated. However, I do love this brand and I'm thinking this product is going to be awesome as we head into the fall time soon. Even though the sample is only 5ml, seems to me like a little will go a long way.

3. Model Co Fat Lash Volumizing Mascara ($20/11ml)- I have a number of mascaras that I still need to try, so again, this isn't something I would've picked up for myself. I generally pick up lengthening rather than volumizing mascaras, but I'll definitely try this one out.

4. Avene Hydrance Optimale Rich Hydrating Cream ($52.95/40ml)- I'm loving getting all the samples from Avene, because the full size products are quite pricey so it's nice to be able to really try before I buy. I already have a day and night time moisturizer in my routine, but once I'm out, I'll be giving this one a whirl.

5. Vaseline Aloe Fresh Daily Body Lotion ($7.68/200ml)- I already know I'm a fan of this product, it's nice to have a little mini size to throw in my bag for when I'm on the go.

6. Elven Miracle Hair Treatment ($24.95/125ml)- I haven't used hair treatments besides Moroccan oil in a while, so I'm interested to see how this works out in terms of whether or not it'll weigh my hair down which is something I'm super conscious of now that I wear my hair short.

7. Wotnot Facial Wipes ($7.95/25 wipes)- again, wipes are something I feel like I've found a solid favorite for. So these'll just end up being a small pack I throw into my bag for convenience, but still nice to have and maybe I'll end up loving them more than the ones I currently use.


Total box value: ~$52.53

So that's the end of this month's unboxing, and I can't wait to try all these out. Do you subscribe to beauty boxes? If you do, share with me what you got this month!



No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!