Tuesday 21 January 2014

5 Things I Want To Be Better At In 2014

I stopped making new year's resolutions a few years ago when I realised I just didn't have the self discipline to actually stick to them beyond the first week of January. This year, I thought I'd just make a little list of things I'd like to work on throughout the year in order to improve myself and make a positive change in my life.

1. Staying positive!
Too often, I've let negative aspects of my thoughts affect the way I do things. The first conclusions I find myself jumping to when I'm assessing a situation are always the worst possible outcomes, and I let that stop me from doing the things I truly love for fear of failure. Trying harder to have a positive mindset in everything I'm doing this year will hopefully keep my stress from sky-rocketing as well.

2. Moving out of my comfort zone.
Because life starts outside of it, right? I feel like I'm always stuck in the same repetitive cycles because they don't challenge my limits. I'm not exactly the most spontaneous or adventurous person who ever existed, but I really want to push myself this year in terms of trying things that would usually absolutely terrify me.

3. Staying organised.
I think this point speaks for itself. If I had just been better organised last year, I probably could have saved myself infinite levels of stress not only for college exams, but in every part of my life.

4. Seeing the bigger picture.
It's easy for me to become absorbed in the small things, and forget how little they actually matter in the grand scheme of things. I really want to learn to not sweat the small stuff so much.

5. Committing to my projects.
I've got a few things on my list of things I'd really like to accomplish, and that includes the maintenance of this blog along with continuing to write my book amongst other things. It's easy for me to say I'm going to do them, but this year I'm really focused on following through.

Did you make any resolutions this year? And if you did, how have you been going at sticking to them?


No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!