Friday 17 January 2014

My Must Haves: LUSH

It took me a few months of watching Youtube videos before I finally bit the bullet and purchased a few (or more correctly, too many!) products from Lush. Initially, I was a bit skeptical about jumping on the bath product bandwagon, but I have since realized that there is a lot more to this company than pretty bath bombs. In fact, none of my favorite products from Lush are bath-related, since I can never usually be bothered to actually draw myself one, the majority of the must haves I'm sharing today are skincare items.


No Drought ($13.50/100g) dry shampoo is the only non skincare item I've decided I can't live without. I believe it's made with corn flour and scented with grapefruit and lime. The scent is lovely and refreshing, and although you can smell it when you're applying the product, it doesn't linger on you. I've found that a little bit goes a long way, as I've been using the same bottle for several months and have barely made a dent.
Another use I've found for it is as a volumizing powder, even if my hair isn't dirty, I just massage a little into my roots and it saves me the trouble of teasing it. Oh, and it doesn't leave a white cast- for all you dark haired beauties out there.

Tea Tree Water ($9.95/100g) doubles as a toner and an aromatherapy spray, the tea tree scent is definitely distinguishable so if you're not a fan, I wouldn't recommend this product. If you have combination to oily, acne prone skin like I do- then this product is great. I like to spritz it all over my face after I've finished cleansing, and then gently wipe it with a cotton pad. I love using this as a toner because it's not harsh and drying like those which contain alcohol, also it's great just to spray if you need a quick little refresher. 

Grease Lightning ($13.95/45g) is my spot treatment of choice during the day. It's a clear gel which smells lightly of tea tree and witch hazel. For me, it's awesome during the day as it dries down quite quickly so your makeup application is fuss free. As with the toner, Grease Lightning isn't harsh at all- so it's great if you've got sensitive skin or the stronger, medicated acne treatments freak your skin out. You can reapply this throughout the day if you feel the need, and I've found the disturbance to anything else I've got on my face is minimal.

 
Dark Angels ($16.95/100g) is literally my holy grail exfoliator. The charcoal and mud it contains is great for oilier skin types. The grains aren't overly abrasive, so it's definitely gentle enough for everyday use if that's your thing. I prefer using this once every two or three days, and I have noticed my skin is a little less dull when I use this scrub. Love it. Cannot say enough good things about it. Highly recommend!

Mask of Magnaminty ($16.95/125g) is a life saver! Not only does the mint smell remind me of mint chocolate chip ice cream, but it is a God send when my pores are feeling especially grimy. I keep mine in the refrigerator because I like having it cold when I apply it, but I don't believe it's necessary. This makes my skin feel squeaky clean and also minimises the redness I experience. I think this is great for all skin types as it's not drying at all. I use this once or twice a week, and my skin is in love.

Cosmetic Warrior ($16.95/75g) is 100% the mask I'd recommend if you have acne prone skin. This formula is amazing at soothing flare ups, as it contains anti-septic ingredients. This is one of Lush's fresh face masks, so it is recommended you use it up in about two weeks and store it in your fridge. I wouldn't say it's a complete miracle worker, but I have found that my blemishes are noticeably less painful and slightly smaller after using this mask. 


So, that concludes my round up of my must have products from Lush. Have you ever tried any Lush products? If so, what are your favorites? And if you haven't, are there any you like to try?

2 comments:

  1. I love Lush especially their soap and face masks, no drought, tea tree water and cosmetic warrior sound amazing now i must go buy these, thanks for your review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just wish they were organic, otherwise I love them!

    ReplyDelete