Tuesday 1 April 2014

Chelsea Gets Healthy: Green Smoothie Recipe

I've been really getting into making smoothies recently- they're such an easy and portable option for breakfast and lunch. I just make a huge batch the night before, and save myself the time and stress for the next day. Having said that, I've been experimenting with what I throw into the blender and I thought I'd share my favourite recipe so far.

This recipe actually came about accidentally, and I was so surprised with how good it tasted. To be honest, when I first drank it, it tasted a little bit like cake! Don't ask me how or why, because my best guess is probably as good as yours. Needless to say, I drank it all up without any problem or guilt. 

Ingredients
  • 1 small apple
  • 1 white peach
  • 6 small strawberries
  • 2 handfuls of kale
  • juice of half a lemon + half a slice
  • splash of coconut water
Method
  • Chop all your fruit up into pieces small enough for your blender to handle.
  • Blend it all up and enjoy!
Seriously, this is so simple and quick. I love adding ice to the mix if it's a particularly hot day, and you can definitely mix up the fruit so you don't get bored if you're drinking them all the time. I've also heard of using spinach as an alternative to kale, but it's got a slightly bitter kick so I don't add it. 

Do you like drinking smoothies? Let me know your favourite recipes down below- I'd love to try them out!

4 comments:

  1. My smoothies are normally full of blueberries, raspberries and so on! But I'm definitely going to try out your recipe!
    We've nominated you for an award on our blog today as well :)
    http://be-beaut.blogspot.co.uk/2014/03/liebster-award.html
    All the BE Beautiful girls x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love berry smoothies, so good!
      Thank you so much for the nomination also, can't wait to answer those questions x

      Delete
  2. I absolutely love banana smoothies!!!
    http://littlebeautybloge.blogspot.co.uk/
    Elizabeth x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love banana smoothies with greek yoghurt for breakfast, so yummy :)

      Delete