Thursday 20 February 2014

bellabox Unboxing: February 2014

Firstly, I should apologise for my lack of posts- something for which I've not got an excuse for. I'm trying to get myself on a schedule for when I'm back at university. Anyways, today I'm going to share what I got in my bellabox for this month. Now, I was super excited as the theme for the box was 'Red Carpet Ready'- which is very fitting given that it's currently award season.


How cute is the little information card? I will say straight off that there were a couple of things I wasn't too excited about, but the items I did love do make up for them. For anyone who doesn't know, bellabox is a monthly subscription box which retails for $15. As I mentioned in my January unboxing, I've had good luck with my boxes being well worth the price tag.

1. Shanghai Suzy Lipstick in Miss Hannah ($12.95)- This lipstick was an absolute winner for me. Miss Hannah described as a blood red, and this colour is definitely right up my alley. I know for sure I'm going to get a ton of wear out of it, and I've already made another order with Shanghai Suzy because I was just that excited. Here's a little close up of the lipstick and a swatch:



2. Vaseline Ultimate 10 Lotion ($7.68/225ml)- It's an anti-ageing body lotion, although not something I'm too excited about. It's a nice size, so chances are it's just going to end up in my uni bag for winter emergencies.

3. Romy Shampoo and Conditioner ($19.99/300ml)- I got my pair in the lavender scent. Again, not anything I'm dying over, but I'll definitely use the minis up. They are both marketed as animal cruelty free and are also free from sulphates and other chemicals. This is my first time experimenting with sulphate free hair products, so I'm keen to see how I go in that respect.

4. Eyelure Natural Lash in #020 ($12.99)- This is the second item I am actually squee-ing over. Now, I'm usually too lazy to bother with eyelashes, but I do love a good pair of falsies on a night out. I even think these are natural enough to wear during the day if I'm ever going out somewhere fancy. Saves me having to buy a new pair, and I do love Eyelure.

5. Montagne Jeunesse Blemish Mud Mask ($3.99/10ml)- I'm absolutely terrified of trying this product. The last time I used a mask by this company, I broke out horribly in a rash which lasted a week. Needless to say I won't be trying this myself, I might see if one of my friends wants it because I'll be sticking to my LUSH masks thank you very much.

6. Gaia Skin Naturals Pink Grapefruit/Jasmine Foaming Cleanser ($12.95/125ml)- I don't mess with my skincare routine often, because my skin has the tendency to completely freak out and that is definitely something I'd like to avoid. I will give this a go though, because I quite liked Neutrogena's grapefruit cleanser, so we'll see how this one goes.

Total box value: ~$32.04


Do you have any beauty subscriptions? If you do, let me know what you got this month down below!

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!