Friday 25 April 2014

bellabox Unboxing: April 2014

Apologies for this post being a bit late this month, but I've been a busy bee as of late trying to sort things out. Having said that, I've already had a bit of a chance to try out the products I got in this month's box, so hopefully I'll be able to give a bit more insight than usual. This month's theme was autumn/winter style, which has gotten me even more excited for the cooler weather- and I have to say that the items I got were actually very appropriate.




1. Burt's Bees Lemon Butter Cuticle Cream ($14.95/17g)- this is amazing for the colder season when my hands and cuticles start to become particularly dry. I love working this around my nails before I go to bed, because it means I wake up with cuticles that don't look completely trashed. I'm also a complete sucker for the lemon scent, so this is a complete winner in my book.

2. L'Oreal Base Magique Primer ($29.95/15ml)- I've yet to find a primer that doesn't irritate my skin. On first application, this reminded me a little bit of Benefit's Porefessional, as it's got the same slippery feel to it. The consistency feels a bit thicker though, something I'm not sure how I feel about. I've only tried it once, and my foundation did go on a heck of a lot smoother, but the jury's still out on this one.

3. Colour Theory 'Take A Brow' Brow Liner ($6/1.1ml)- a liner for the brows was an intriguing concept to me, but one I don't think I like. This is supposed to be a 'universal' shade, but it looked too warm and light when I tried doing my brows with it. The nib's already a little bit frayed after using it for a week, and I struggle with getting enough product to actually even come out. Don't think I'll be jumping on the brow liner bandwagon any time soon.

4. Avene Micellar Lotion ($32.95/200ml)- I've been on a serious micellar solution kick lately, having picked up Bioderma and the Garnier version. I haven't used this one enough to compare it with either of those two, but I love the Avene brand and this definitely performs as I expect it to. 

5. Indio Eye Rise ($67.20/15ml)- eye cream to me is an essential step in my skin care routine, so I'm super excited to have this one to try out during the day time. It's got a little bit of a pinkish tint which helps to counteract the darkness I get under my eyes, while I don't expect it to conceal the circles, I do notice I don't need as much concealer after using this.

6. Boots Laboratories Optiva Aqua Capture Serum ($24/30ml)- the one product I've gotten that I haven't actually tried out yet. I keep thinking I should venture into the world of serums for skincare, but I haven't quite gotten around to it just yet, so I'll definitely be doing my research before I use this one.

Total box value: ~$51.50


Overall I'm very impressed with the box I received this month. If you're subscribed to any monthly boxes, I'd love to know what you got and which one's your favourite!

1 comment:

  1. These look like really great products!! I may subscribe!!
    Little Beauty Blog
    Elizabeth x

    ReplyDelete