Wednesday 23 April 2014

Revlon Colorburst Lacquer Balms

Of Revlon's two new releases, the lacquer balm was the one I was least excited for- not because they've had any terrible reviews, but because I've come to prefer a more satin or matte finish on my lips. Despite how much I told myself I really did not need these in my life (and after my mum asked me how many pairs of lips I thought I had), my resistance didn't last very long. I will say that I get more wear out of the matte balms than these ones, but that's totally a matter of personal preference. If you're a glossy kind of girl, then I bet you'll love these. Also, shiny packaging alert- because who doesn't love shiny things?!






Demure- a sheer peachy nude with some fine silver glitter. This is such an easy shade to wear, and one I love to tote around with me because I don't need to worry about using a mirror when I'm reapplying. Though the colour fades quite quickly, you are left with the sparkle- which can be a bit gritty and uncomfortable, but nothing deal-breaker worthy.


Enticing- a brownish red. I don't think it's dark enough to warrant being called a brick red, but there is definitely a warmer undertone in this shade.


Flirtatious- a slightly cool toned red.



Provocateur- a peachy red. This one also looks like it has a warm tone to me, but it's not as brown as Enticing appears to be.


Vivacious- a warm toned coral. This was more opaque and warmer toned than I was expecting, so I imagine I'll get more wear out of it come spring or summer. In photographs, it looks like a lighter, slightly pinker version of Provacateur.


Whimsical- a mid toned berry with fine glitter. To me, it looks like it has more purple in it than Flirtatious. This looks a lot scarier in the bullet, I was thinking it was going to be a super vampy colour, but it's actually very wearable. As with Demure, the shimmer is what gets left behind, but it's very fine so it's nothing too terrible.

This formula is intended to be sheer and give a glossy finish. As they do have some slip to them, wear time is relatively short- I found myself having to reapply after about 3 or 4 hours, less if I'd been eating or drinking. At the same time, the glossiness makes them quite comfortable to wear and they're neither drying nor overly moisturising.


Have you tried Revlon's new Lacquer balms? If you have, definitely let me know what you think down below! I'll also be doing a quick rundown of the Matte balms within the next week or so, so look out for that post too x

1 comment:

  1. love all the shades!

    from helen at thelovecatsinc.com

    ps. there's a little $100 jewellery giveaway on my blog if you fancy a look! Click here.

    ReplyDelete