Thursday 9 July 2015

Top 5 Favourite Red Lippies

Whether I'm catching up with friends for coffee or getting all dressed up for date night, there is nothing I love more than a good red lip. The sheer number of red shades I've come across when makeup shopping is enough to make anyone tear their hair out, and it's definitely taken me some time and experimentation to figure out exactly what works. I've narrowed down my favourites to the ones I find myself consistently reaching for or throwing in my handbag.

  • Rimmel London Lasting Finish Lipstick by Kate Moss in '22' ($11.95) is what I'd call a 'classic red.' It's a lovely bright and neutral red, making it easy for most skin tones to pull it off. It has a cream finish.

  • Shanghai Suzy Lipstick in 'Miss Hannah' ($12.95) was a limited edition release, but I was super excited to find out that it will be launching as part of the brand's first permanent line in September. It was love at first sight for me, and fearing I'd never be able to buy it again, I did order a second one. It's described as a blood red, so it's a little deeper and cooler.

  • Maybelline Colour Elixir in 'Signature Scarlet' ($17.95) is the only gloss to make the list. It's a warmer, medium based red. I love that it gives almost completely opaque colour coverage as a gloss, but of course, can also be easily sheered out.

  • Urban Decay Super Saturated Lip Colour in 'Theodora'/'F-Bomb' (~$33.00)  is a cherry red. I'm a huge fan of lip pencils, and this particular one is extremely rich in pigmentation and applies like a dream.

  • Bite Beauty High Pigment Pencil in 'Pomegranate' ($36.95) is a long time love. It's a bright medium red with slightly cooler undertones. I am completely nuts about this formula- it has absolutely amazing colour pay off, glides on easily and wears a solid six hours on me. 
I feel pretty confident in saying my quest for the perfect red lip has been successful, but I'm always open to more suggestions. How do you feel about red lips? And if you're as obsessed with them as I am, what's your holy grail?

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!