Friday 2 October 2015

Easy Honey Roasted Pumpkin

Now that I'm making a conscious effort to eat better, I'm constantly on the look out for healthier alternatives. On a night out a few weeks ago, I had an incredible roast pumpkin salad for dinner. Since I'm a complete sucker for salty treats, I thought roast pumpkin cubes make the perfect afternoon snack. While I guess it's pretty self explanatory, I thought I'd share my quick and easy recipe.

You will need...
1/2 butternut pumpkin (or variety of your choice)
2-3 tbsp olive oil
2-3 tbsp honey
Salt and pepper

Preheat your oven or grill to 200 degrees celcius. When I do mine in the grill, I use both the top and bottom elements.
Peel and cut your pumpkin into bite-size cubes.
In a bowl, add the oil and honey to the pumpkin and toss until all cubes are well coated.
Season with salt and pepper to your liking.
Spread the pumpkin cubes on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Pour any remaining liquid over the top.
Place into your oven or grill for 30-45 minutes, or until tender.
Serve with salad or feta cheese- or eat alone for a tasty snack like I do!

My favourite thing about this recipe is that the honey caramelises and gets crispy. It's also super easy to add whatever herbs or spices you like! What are your favourite healthy snacks? I'd love to try them out.

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!