Wednesday 27 August 2014

What's In My Makeup Bag? | Gym Edition


Some might say I'm a little bit obsessive about being prepared for any scenario during the day, which I wouldn't say is a bad thing- until it means I'm accumulating a ridiculous amount of products in my hand bag that I end up having to carry around with me all day.

I make my daily visit to the gym in the mornings before my classes start, and since I tend to be on campus for a full day, I cut down my makeup bag to the bare necessities to avoid carrying any excess weight. And I'll be honest, I've been quite lazy with makeup lately (read: I basically haven't been wearing any!). Add to that I can't really be bothered hanging around in the bathroom trying to put on a full face, and I end up with a relatively handbag friendly makeup bag which doesn't necessarily require a mirror- bonus. Since this 'minimalist' approach is new to me, and I know how much I love to snoop in other peoples' makeup bags, I thought I'd share the contents of mine.



Nivea Invisible deodorant- okay so this is basically common sense, especially as it's getting into the warmer months. 

Dettol hand sanitiser is something I cannot leave home without. Especially after finishing a workout, this is the first thing I reach for before I even think about touching my face. 

Clinique Visible Skin Renewer is my moisturiser of choice at the moment. It soaks in quickly and will get rid of any particularly dry patches without leaving me feeling greasy. 

Kit SPF 30+ sunscreen is literally my holy grail. I cannot leave the house without sunscreen, and this is the one product I've found that doesn't irritate or break my skin out. 

L'Oreal Base Magique primer isn't something I use often. I mainly keep it as a 'just in case' product for days when I feel my skin might need a little bit more help. 

Rimmel Wake Me Up Concealer has also turned into a 'just in case' for me. I reserve it for days when I might feel a little more self conscious about my skin. I also love it because its consistency allows it to double as an under eye concealer for me. 

Lancome Topaz Doree eyeshadow is another great multi tasker I've fallen in love with. This doesn't budge when worn alone on the eyes, and I recently found out also looks super pretty when applied lightly on the cheekbones. 

Hourglass Arch eyebrow pencil keeps my brows in check. Even if I don't fill them in, I'll brush them to get them in order. I don't know about you, but I always feel a little bit more put together when I'm keeping up with my brow game. 

MAC Mineralise Skinfinish Natural basically does it all for me. It gives me the coverage I need without making me look or feel caky. Not to mention it keeps me from getting oily throughout the day- what more could I ask for?

Real Techniques Buffing brush is another staple. It picks up just the right amount of product with minimal effort on my part. Fail safe? Yes please. 

theBalm Tall, Dark & Handsome mascara is a new found love. It's one of the few mascaras that doesn't immediately feel the need to migrate and leave me with panda eyes. 

Revlon Colorburst gloss in Eggnog is again not necessarily something I tend to use on an every day basis, as I tend to prefer lip balm. It gets whipped out on days when I'm wanting to look like I've put a little more effort in without looking too done up.  

Somethin' Special Pomegranate Noir might just be my favourite scent right now, with the convenience of a roll on. Applying this fragrance oil means I don't need to cart around a spray bottle, and since it lasts longer, I hardly need to reapply either!

I hope you guys enjoyed that quick little rundown of my beauty necessities after a workout at the gym- I'm definitely learning to love the 'less is more' attitude at the moment. Since I'm nosy, I'd love for you to tell me what products you love for your post workout beauty regime below!


2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing with us your favorite beauty products! I completely understand that it is such an intimate topic for every woman :) I'd like to advise you reading this article: http://www.agsinger.com/working-out-with-makeup-on-acne/ in case you also wear make up while working out. I have a confession to make. I wear make-up to the gym, and you?

    ReplyDelete