Tuesday 29 July 2014

Chairish the Moment | The Inspo Post


I'm one of those people who can intend to browse Pinterest for a few minutes between college lectures and end up completely engulfed for hours (goodbye, productivity!). Despite the fact that I'm still living at home, drooling over beautiful interior designs is one of my favourite things to do. With the amount of time I spend doing that, you can only imagine the lists I've formulated consisting of things I just have to have in my future abode.

So with that obsession in mind, I was totally excited when Chairish invited me to create a style board surrounding my ideal home bar. Needless to say, after spending hours browsing the website and changing my mind of what I wanted to create, I managed to add a billion and one more things to that aforementioned list. So without further ado, here's what I came up with!



If you're anything like me, you might not have heard of Chairish before- so here's a quick little run down. It's an online marketplace (think sort of like Etsy!) where people are able to buy and sell vintage furniture pieces. The cool thing is that Chairish has curators who work to ensure the buyer gets pieces that are stylish, in good shape and at good value. If you want to learn more, you can go here and read all about it. Unfortunately for us Australians, it's only currently operating in the USA, but hey- a girl can dream, right?

When I started creating my style board, one of the things most important to me was being able to have it in a relatively small space. The idea of being able to have a small bar in the corner or along a bare space of wall really appealed to me. Another key thing for me was versatility, considering how indecisive I am- so this is what I wound up with:


I've always loved simplicity when it comes to interior design, so the idea of combining neutrals with a little pop of colour came to mind immediately. Having coloured accessories to me immediately makes a space more versatile, since it's easier to change up a few cushions than it is to repaint an entire wall. Yellow seems to be a great colour for fostering happiness (or so I tell myself!), and it also reminds me of my favourite time of year. Summer, I'm looking at you.

Versatility being so important to me, I like being able to switch up all the objects on floating shelves depending on what I'm feeling or the time of year. Also, I'm a seriously sentimental person- so I'd need somewhere to put my ridiculous number of photographs and mementos. And let's not forget cute little tumblr inspired knick knacks like mason jars and fawn statuettes, because I just couldn't not add them. I could totally envision having an awesome piece of quote art between the table and shelf, so I've thrown in one of my favourites for good measure.

Lastly, it seemed to make sense to have a little comfort for those moments when you're a tad more tipsy than you'd like to admit, or perhaps you have more guests over. I chose to replicate the colour scheme with neutrals and yellow to tie in with the bar stools, and coupled it with my favourite shade of teal blue. I really like the contrast between these particular shades, because it's obvious, but not so obvious it'll hurt your eyes.

That's basically a brief run down of my thought process while I was creating this post, and hopefully I wasn't too all over the place! I'd love to see your favourite interior design inspirations, so please do let me know if there are any Pinterest boards I need to see!

Thank you so much to Chairish for inviting me to do this post, it's definitely been one to get my creative juices flowing! I'll link the Chairish pieces used in the style board below if you're interested.
barstoolswallpaper (background)modern chrome console table | brass fawn | linen bow pillows | teal pillows | yellow silk pillows

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!