Saturday 4 October 2014

September Favourites

September was all about embracing the minimalist in me. When I'm running around like a mad woman, there's nothing I like better than being able to look put together with the smallest amount of effort and time possible. Likewise, taking advantage of the rare moments of down time was a must.


Benefit's Hervana blush is one of my fail safe, go to products. It's almost impossible to apply an unflattering amount and it gives me just the right amount of colour every time. 


MOR's Neroli/Clementine fragrant candle is right up my alley, especially for the warmer weather. It's got a fresh, citrusy scent that will throw even when it's not lit. It's also a scent that mixes very well if you're the kind of person who likes to burn multiple candles at a time- I love lighting this one up along with a bakery type one to sweeten it up a little. 

My L'Oreal Skin Perfection daily moisturiser is basically on its last legs. I use this in conjunction with the serum to try to lighten the discolouration I have left over from breakouts. It does the job without leaving me looking like a grease slick, which is much appreciated. 

This might just be my new favourite foundation. I think bareMinerals has done a fabulous job with their bareSkin serum foundation. It gives coverage adjustable to your preference while still looking natural and without the heaviness. I'm going to leave it at that because I'm in the process of doing a full review, but there's some spoilers for you!

I've tried quite a few hair treatments in my time, but Eleven Australia's miracle hair treatment is definitely up there as a top favourite. My hair is noticeably softer and shinier, considering how much I've been torturing it with dye lately. It gives great benefits, but doesn't leave my hair feeling heavy or oily which I really like. 

I also had to pop in the Hourglass Arch brow pencil because even though I've hardly been doing a full face of makeup, I always like to tidy my brows up. This is one of the easiest, stress free ways to get the job done without needing fifty different products.

Considering September's schedule, my favourites seem pretty uneventful. With all the beauty launches I'm raring to try, I'm hoping to find some new holy grails to make October's more exciting. Make sure you let me know what you've been loving down below!

1 comment:

  1. A friend of mine let me try one of her Eleven Australia products, i can't remember if it was the miracle hair treatment, but it made such a nice impact on my rather worn out hair, I think i'll need to invest in the miracle hair treatment because it sounds amazing!

    ReplyDelete