Wednesday 1 October 2014

Confessions of a Lip Product Addict- Tag Style


Yes, I already own a red lipstick... but the one I'm currently holding in my hand as I'm standing in the makeup isle is clearly a little pinker than the one in my drawer at home. That means I need it. I also need to buy that exact nude I swatched a few seconds ago because it's half a shade lighter than the one I bought last week. In fact, you may as well just hand me every lip gloss/stick/balm because I'll probably be able to come up with a justification for owning it. If that situation sounds familiar, then I'd guess you're a lip junkie like I am- which would explain why I'm so nosy about other bloggers' answers to this and possibly why you're interested in mine!

Favourite balm or treatment | MOR Cosmetics Lip Macaron
I love slathering this all over my lips before bed because I always wake up with super soft lips. Bonus points because it comes in a variety of scents that all smell delicious.

Favourite eye catching red | BITE Beauty 'Zinfandel'
Choosing just one red was a struggle for me, but I had to pick 'Zinfandel' on the basis of how often I reach for it when I feel like wearing a red. It's a bit more orange toned, which I find flatters my yellow undertones nicely.

Best luxury product | BITE Beauty High Pigment Pencil
These product is my long time love, and I swear my aim in life at the moment is to own it in every colour it comes in. If you want to hear me preach about these babies in all their gloriousness (with swatches!) you can check out this post.

Best drugstore product | Revlon Colorburst Matte Balm Stain
Again, this category was a struggle because I find the drugstore actually does lip products very well. The matte balms are a fail proof option for me, as the balm stain line is in general, not to mention the colour range. You can read my full review of the matte balm stain line here.

 Best MAC lipstick | 'Rebel'
I thought I lost this lipstick (only to find it hiding at the bottom of my handbag) and was completely devastated. I only own two MAC lipsticks, so I can't testify that this would remain my favourite as there are so many I'd like to try, but this shade gets two massive thumbs up.

Most disappointing | Stila Lip Glaze
I bought mine on sale, which lessens the blow a bit, but these were a mess for me. The texture was too tacky, and the twisty mechanism made said sticky gloss explode everywhere. Yep, not a fun clean up job.

Lip liner- yes or no? | Usually no
The only lip liner I tend to use is the anti-feather one from OCC if I'm wearing a particularly bright colour on a night out. Other than that, I'm not especially prone to feathering and I tend to stay away from products that do so anyways.

Favourite gloss | Maybelline Colour Elixir
I'm not as big a fan of gloss as I used to be, but these are a current favourite. As a gloss, they're super comfortable to wear while still providing decent pigmentation. Win, win? I think so.

Something extra | Indie lips: Sweetpea and Fay and Shiro custom glosses
I fell down the rabbit hole to “indie” cosmetics quite some time ago, and resurfaced with some new found lip loves. Shiro Cosmetics allows you to order custom glosses made from almost every eyeshadow shade in their range in varying opacities- seriously, it's like Christmas came early! Sweetpea and Fay liquid lipsticks are a recent discovery, but I'm already head over heels- stay tuned for a full review soon!

That ends this little peek into my lip product obsession. Now apparently I need to go clean up the products I unceremoniously dumped onto my desk while tearing my hair out trying to pick products for my answers. In the process, my brain decided to come up with several ideas for more lippie inspired posts- so I believe I'll go pick up a few more products this week for the purposes of science!

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!