Saturday 11 October 2014

Shanghai Suzy Spring/Summer Collection (Part I)



I think we have well and truly established by this point that I'm a lipstick junkie. Shanghai Suzy has quickly become one of my favourite brands (I literally have every single colour they have ever released!), and I can never resist ordering their entire seasonal collection even if I'm 99% sure there are shades I'll never wear. The quality of these lipsticks is awesome for the price point, and there is always guaranteed to be a colour for everyone. Since this is a pretty picture heavy post, I've split the collection into two posts- so make sure you stay tuned for my thoughts and swatches of the other four shades later this week!


Miss Ally is a medium violet. On me, it looks quite warm toned, but it doesn't seem to appear quite as warm in the tube or in the swatch above. I had a few issues with it tugging my lips during application and it was a little bit patchy.

Miss Bree is a peachy pink- I love this kind of colour for every day wear, especially in warmer weather. The formula on this one was surprisingly smooth for a matte and it was very easy to achieve opaque colour coverage.

Miss Courtney is described as an electric flamingo. It's a bright, cool toned pink. As someone who usually stays away from cool pinks, this one seems to be a lot more wearable than the others I own- I think because of how bright it is.

Miss Cristina is a coral colour. This one is a little strange to me, because I want to describe it as bright, but it seems to be sort of pastel at the same time. I'm convinced it's because it appears quite a bit brighter in the tube than it actually applies. Or maybe I'm just strange.

These lipsticks are now available for purchase from the Shanghai Suzy website. Each individual tube retails for $12.95.


No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!